“Hammond confirmed to appear at the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers National Convention Edmonton 2016”
Each of these seminars can be delivered in 90 minute, 2 hour or 3 hour seminars. Charmaine also has variations of these seminars that are most suitable to keynote and endnote presentations.
Teamwork by Design, Not by Default
Great teams don’t just happen… they are built by design, not default. When team members know and understand their working style, and the styles of others, they can more effectively and comfortably adapt their approach to communication, issue resolution and work together to build a team that stands the test of time. This presentation helps improve team performance, workplace relationships and productivity.
Participants will learn:
- The 8 team challenges that get in the way of team performance and productivity
- The 4 Working Styles and how this can transform a team
- Practical strategies to build a learning culture
- 3 essentials for moving through the various challenges by design, instead of by default.
The Resilient Team- Igniting Resilience at Work
We live in a fast paced and instant society, where we do more with less, and where teams are often flooded with information on a daily basis. The current economic downturn has created challenges and change, and in some cases, uncertainty. Resilience is a critical skill for individuals and businesses to bounce forward during change, demanding times and following adversity.
Resilience is an essential skillset for a thriving successful workplace.
In this seminar participants will learn:
- 5 steps to a resilient life
- Practical steps to increase resilience on a daily basis
- How to say no without guilt, to ask for help while maintaining your dignity and credibility
- How to stay out of the drama at work
- How to influence resilience in your team
Leading Through Conflict
Is your organization experiencing change or transition? Conflict (and unresolved conflict) often surfaces during periods of workplace change which can complicate the change and create additional challenges to manage. Leading teams can be challenging at the best of times. Leading the conflict, change and crisis is difficult without the right tools. Leaders spend more than 30% of their time dealing with conflict and employee issues in the workplace. How a leader leads through change and conflict has significant influence on the results.
Participants will learn:
- 5 musts for leaders when leading a team through change, conflict and challenging times
- The essential tools, skills and processes that contribute to healthy and responsive conflict resolution
- How to deal with obstacles and opportunities
- Strategies to engage employees to be champions for the change and conflict resolution process
Respect in the Workplace… it’s everyone’s’ business
Respectful workplaces are safer workplaces. Respectful and resilient workplaces have less turnover, healthier team relations, and, produce results.
In this presentation, participants will learn:
- 3 essentials to building a respectful workplace
- How to create a team charter
- Proven approaches to engage employees to be champions of a safe respectful workplace
- How to deal with confrontation and bullying behaviours
- How to create a culture of kindness, resilience and respect
Communicating for Success: Courageous Dialogue
Despite how stressful it can be, conflict is a natural occurrence in workplaces. Having diverse teams, passionate staff, and a variety of professional backgrounds leads to great results but also sometimes conflict. Managers lose sleep and time over conflict, just as employees do. Yet, when conflict is well managed it can repair relationships, build new solutions to everyday problems, save time and money, create synergy and more. This seminar helps participants turn the most avoided conversations into courageous dialogues.
Participants will learn:
- How to turn a confrontation into a respectful conversation
- 3 ways to manage drama that often surfaces with conflict
- A road map for the courageous dialogue (a conflict resolution model)
- 5 keys to dealing with difficult people to respond with confidence, congruence and clarity
Violence Prevention Programs in the Workplace
Workplace Violence Prevention is not only about creating safe respectful workplaces, it is about fostering an environment of trust, accountability and integrity. Most workplaces will not experience forms of physical violence however, escalating behaviours, threats, sabotage, and harassing behaviours are much more common. Government has issued legislation related to workplace violence prevention, safe workplaces and requirements for dealing with bullying and harassment. Make sure that you have the systems, policies, reporting processes and training to address these issues, create a safe environment and respond appropriate in times of crisis.
Resilient Women Leaders
Charmaine Hammond and Carolyn Ellis are leadership experts, and in their Resilient Women Leaders series, participants will learn;
- The key challenges that are keeping women in corporate, public and charitable leadership awake at night
- What resilience means to leadership, and why it is so critical to your success and influence
- 3 key takeaways from case studies from women leaders showing you the choices they make that turn their challenges and frustrations into fuel for success
- One simple yet powerful practice you can use to hit the “Reset” button in those moments of stress, conflict or overwhelm so you can gracefully and quickly get back into your leadership zone